Thursday, October 11, 2007

Be a deaf frog

Few days back I was trying out some new things which I never tried before in my life (Don’t ask me what that is though that is a good try). A friend of mine said that why you are unnecessarily dragging you into this and he gave me a lecture for more than an hour (which is so easy for him). After hearing it for an hour I am still continuing in doing that. He got fed up with me and he asked me why can’t you change yourself and live like how you are before. I didn’t utter a word and I was just continuing on what I am doing. He asked me are you dumb? Now I opened my mouth and said ‘I am not dumb but I am deaf’. He stopped giving gyan to me and went off. This incident flashed a small story which I heard long time back from Tamil actor Rajinikanth. The story goes like this:

Once there are three frogs trying to climb a mountain which is of 300 feet high. When they decide they will climb this mountain, some people around the frogs started making fun on those frogs. People were criticizing the frogs and said they can’t return alive back as there will be snakes and lot other in the mountain which will make the frogs as their prey. However the three frogs have started their journey despite of others warnings. They could have gone some 100 feet height and one frog died by felling down from that top. The other two have now started the journey without stopping for it and after reaching 200 feet the another frog also died by falling from the top. However the third frog managed to reach the top without any problems. Everyone at the foot of the mountain started wondering how this frog manage to do it when the other two can’t make it. Finally they came to know that the other two frogs died only because of its fear on what people where saying before they started the journey. So then they thought the third frog has no fear. But the truth is the third frog is actually deaf.

This story always makes me to remember that sometimes you need to be a deaf frog if you want success. There are people who always try to pull your leg or discourage you if you are taking new risks. So ‘Be a deaf frog’ and ‘Success be yours’

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home